The UNDP GEF SGP funded “Managing Local Water Resources for Increasing Climate Resilience of Rural Communities” project was implement from December 2019 – March 2021 in ward no. 1 & 5 of Haripurwa Municipality, Sarlaahi district, Nepal.
The Charkhawababa Resource Management Krishak Group formulated their own statute, registered in the Haripurwa Municipality Office, and opened a bank account in the Nepal Bank Limited, Parsa rural municipality, Sarlahi. The requested amount for construction of dam was directly deposited to the bank account on installments.
Outputs of the project:
1. The capacity of 60 farmers (20 female and 40 male) is strengthened in Zero-Budget Natural Farming and irrigation water management
2. After construction of dam, the farmers could irrigate 35 ha of paddy, 17 ha of wheat and 10 ha of sugarcane
3. The farmers are able to save at least their fund US$ 380 that was used for construction earthen dam every
4. Harmful impacts of 252 kg of chemical fertilizers could be reduced through zero-budget natural farming in
Outcomes of the project:
1. Micro-climate will be improved due to impounding of water in about 2.00 ha reservoir area, resulting to
enhanced biodiversity conservation
2. Underground water recharge will be enhanced due to impounding of water in the reservoir
3. Information is shared at local, provincial, national and international levels through Radio broadcasting in zero budget natural farming, Video clip, photos and messages placed on website, facebook etc