The major objective of Conservation Nepal is to strengthen the capacity of pro-poor rural women, youths and people from marginalized groups of the society for sustainable management of natural resources and biodiversity conservation. The specific objectives are;
- To strengthen the capacity of rural women, youths, and people from marginalized groups (indigenous, socially excluded groups) for social and economic enhancement through training, seminar, educational tours and interaction workshop;
- To reduce impacts of climate change and environment degradation through water resources management-focused integrated watershed development;
- To conduct research and study on natural resources management and biodiversity conservation for sustainable development; and.
- To improve livelihoods and food security of targeted groups through scientific and diversified agricultural system.
Recognizing the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and nation’s long-term perspectives to support the sustainable development, poverty reduction and combating climate change impacts, Conservation Nepal has identified four major thematic areas and two cross-cutting themes.
- Water-induced Disaster Risk Reduction & Management
- Climate resilience
- Gender Equity and Social Inclusion
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Women Rights & Child Protection
- Capacity Building